This is a question not everyone wants to answer...
Compared to a simple roller blind, yes. Less so if compared to a motorised Alexa activated bespoke motorised and interlined Roman blind. Or a beautiful pair of curtains.
If you look at comparing a bespoke installed shutter to a wooden venetian blind, the shutters can work out about 3 or 4 times more costly.
This may sound a lot, but consider this -
- Many blinds are replaced after say 5 to 7 years
- Shutters will likely stay in position for ever, and stay in the home when sold
- The kerbside appeal of plantation shutters in the front of a property cannot be denied!
- Shutters take considerably longer to survey and install correctly
- Most blinds will suffer with wear and tear over time - much less so for a shutter
- Plantation shutters are more like a form of fitted furniture in your windows.
We hope this helps answer the question “are shutters expensive”. If you need any more info, a free quote or some design advice, speak to us or your local supplier.
One small word of warning - always ensure you know what material the shutters are made from. There are many choices available now, but not all types are suitable for all rooms.
If you want to speak to us, or would like a brochure just send a message to us via the contact pages and we’ll get back to you.
Nantmor Blinds - we measure, we make, we design, we install. For 38 years nobody's done it better.